Oil Company

Hampden Oil Company
The Hampden Oil Company was organized by a group of farmers in 1929. In 1930, Henry Reimer, the manager of the company, built and operated the first service station in Hampden. Prior to this, there were two street pumps in operation. In 1930, gasoline could be purchased for 12 to 14 cents a gallon, and was sold at the pump for 19 cents a gallon.